With the emergence of AI, cloud computing the telecommunication industry is getting more advanced. This is due to the rise in telecom companies which has led to increased telecom industry trends and telecom market share. The best telecom providers being Vodafone and Telstra have revolutionised the telecom industry in Australia. It raises the question of what is the future of Australian telecommunications and what are the latest business trends nowadays. Read this article till the end to get all these questions a full stop instead of a question mark.
- Data privacy is the major concern within the telecom industry. Calls and communication are often monitored to improve the services but they can also be used to exploit consumers’ data. A report states that companies have been facing DNS-malware-based attacks that are hard to protect completely.
- Increasing subscribers has bundled the work which leads to complexity in the service configuration, billing, and in other departments. It also increases the financial burden on the organisation. These bundle offers are money-saving.
- Crashing of telecommunication company’s network and data due to workload.
- To provide personalised and faster customer support. Changing the perception of customers’ need for omnichannel communication and immediacy in services.
- The quality of services and their variety with an increasing number of customers are also increasing. But it has led to a great downfall in profit margins, Telecom companies need to work on this.
- The purchasing and decision power needs decentralisation. It will be beneficial for the reconfiguration of the cloud.
- The most innovative and best if it’s’ time are the 5G trends. 5G has changed the speed of surfing the websites to a seamless video call. It is believed to be a huge milestone in the direction of virtual reality and augmented reality. But to enjoy 5G you need a 5G device, which is offered by the Vodafone iPhone offers.
- Telecom companies are collaborating with various service providers. MoU’s are signed between universities and Telecom companies that will let them use data from ground level and it will enhance the quality of service. Partnership with OTT platforms is also being done. Automation of all the work will also remove the complexities of billing, customer service that were mentioned as the biggest challenge.
- To lessen the number of crimes and increase reliability, biometric SIM cards are being adopted by companies.
- The Internet of Things or IoT is one of the most discussed telecommunication trends. It is believed that by the end of 2021, 30 billion will be connected to IoT. It will also enable the protection of remote sites by telecoms.
- Predictive network maintenance, chatbots, activating digital assistance are also emerging trends in the Telecommunication market and these AI applications are some of the leading players in the market.
- The public cloud has seen exponentially higher growth in the past few years in the Telecom industry. It helps to expand the business without much expenditure in capital and provides great services.
- The Telecom industry along with network providers have introduced the option of payment. Every Provider is trying to level up their game of payment by making it hassle-free.
The Telecom sector is booming at an unprecedented speed. It has made lives easier and helps in data transfer and phone calls. This sector is changing along with the client’s feedback. After 1995 the growth of this graph is always upwards which has boosted the economy as well. The future is bright with telecom industries helping towards it. 5G will be helping in digitization and digitalization in Australia and other countries. Australia has always been serving as one of the most mature telecommunication markets in the world. It is believed according to a report that mobile subscriptions in 2020-25 will highly increase in the country. The last three years didn’t see many hikes in the market but the next three years are expected to bring a lot of business. As the responsibility of monitoring holistic development will lie on the telecom industry it will be expected to provide the best in its capabilities.
The future of telecommunication seems pretty bright and clear. It is evident that the latest business trends from 5G to IoT will surely shape a better future and will increase market share if facilities are provided to people. Australian telecommunication industry will be the first among other countries to reach this benchmark and will open channels for other countries.
What are your views on this? Do let us know in the comment section below.